Probation Youth Council Information
We are looking for you to be part of our Youth Council!
What is a Probation Youth Council?
A Probation Youth Council is a group of 10-12 youth with current and past probation experience. This Youth Council talks about ways to improve the Nebraska Probation Juvenile Justice System. This is a great way to be a part of a prosocial activity. All information is confidential.
When and where does the Probation Youth Council meet?
As a member you attend only 1 meeting every three months. Meetings are in person or video at a location in or near your community. Stipends and snacks are provided.
How long does the meetings last?
Meetings can last up to 2 hours depending upon the topics you choose to discuss.
What do we talk about?
The topics and conversations are led by you. You can decide what Probation Juvenile Justice topics to discuss.
What are the requirements?
- Be between the age of 16 and 24 years old.
- Be on probation or discharged successfully from probation.
- Meet only 1 time every three months for a total of only four times a year.
- Be a leader/role model for your peers at meetings and in the community.
- Participate in youth led community activities.
How are members selected?
Members are nominated by their current or past Probation Officer.
- 10-12 members will be selected each year. Youth voice is important and you are highly encouraged to apply each year, if not selected.
What are the responsibilities as a Probation Youth Council member?
- Participate and vote on subject matters discussed.
- Attend scheduled meetings. Members are allowed two absences.
- Be a leader
To apply, please click the link below or download the form and email to:
Lincoln Arneal, email@example.com